Worcester Heatslave 9.24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

RE: Worcester Heatslave 9.24 Combi boiler

I need some help as follows: -

I have been in my current house for 13 months. My central heating works very well, controlled via a Honeywell room thermostat in our hallway ( 2 bedroom semi) we have 7 radiators in all of which are bled regularly.

I have had some trouble with the hot water supply via the combi boiler over the winter months, most probably due to half of the radiators being removed for decorating purposes etc.

Now I have all radiators back on and bled, I have installed a mixer shower.

My problem is, before we installed the shower, be had to use a hand held cheap shower head which connected to the bath taps via the flexible pvc/ rubber connectors. The hot water supply never really got hot enough until the flow was reduced majorly to a 'trickle'. Now I have the shower installed, the problem still remains and as before I get the occasional groaning of the boiler complete with brief loss of hot water supply.

I have noticed also that I have water leakage (approx 1/2 litre per week) coming from perhaps a valve or fitting from within the boiler. Can you digest this information and give me any pointers/ suggestions etc.

Also are parts still readily available for this model of combi boiler as I have tried to start an insurance policy via british gas and they tell me they cannot repair if it fails.

I would obviously like to have the boiler serviced if it will still do a job. However if it cannot succesfully feed a shower then I will need a new boiler. Can you recommend a decent model on a budget.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
This boiler is almost 20 years old! It is overdue for replacement.

You MIGHT get some over aged dedicated enthusiast who likes to keep his knuckles scraped who will remove the gas valve and replace the diaphragm in the diverter valve and consider fixing the leakage and if necessary descale the heat exchanger in situ for you.

Although British Gas will say that spares are no longer available because its 10 years old we find that there is no difficulty getting most major parts for this model.

I hope you dont live in our service area!

Tony

Bg cannot guarantee a repair but there's a fair chance they will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back