Worcester highflow 400 electronic boiler not working help!

there will be an underlying problem that is causing this flashing

1) bad ignition
2)fan u/s or air press switch

the spindle being snapped doesn t help you in this its more of a hinderance

worcester charge £230 for a fix or you could call out a local decent engineer (make sure he's familiar with the boiler...not many really understand them or love them like me! )

Sponsored Links
I love them too!

As long as they are not full of sludge!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi boilerdoktor, thanks for your post.

So if I'm reading this right, if the central heating light is flashing at around once a second, this would indicate:

1) bad ignition or
2) fan u/s or air press switch

I ask because mine has recently started doing this in the last couple of days. Mine's a Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 Electronic.

What I've done up to now is turn the temperature dial down to zero and turn it back up again, although the last night I had to switch the boiler off at the mains as the dial reset did not reset it.

Has happened 3 times already in the last 2-3 days and I suspect there could be an underlying problem - or something's going to go.

My question is: what could be causing 1 or 2 above and how would these be fixed? Want to see if there's something that I can do to correct.

I'd also like to better inform myself should I have to call someone in.

Thanks and regards

there will be an underlying problem that is causing this flashing

1) bad ignition
2)fan u/s or air press switch

the spindle being snapped doesn t help you in this its more of a hinderance

worcester charge £230 for a fix or you could call out a local decent engineer (make sure he's familiar with the boiler...not many really understand them or love them like me! )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back