Worcester junior 24i tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have had this combi boiler for 5yrs now and all been ok but recently when the c/heating comes on & radiators are just getting warm it trips out and switches off with the red reset light flashing. Once I reset it works again but soon as the radiators get up to temperature it trips out again. Now if i turn the rad temp dial on the boiler down to less than halfway it functions fine but the house takes forever to heat up, but then if i turn the rad temp dial up past halfway mark it trips out again? I'm not sure what it could be, hoping somebody on here has some idea? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
check the condensate isn t blocked at the drain
check your gas is on ( have you a hob?)

failing that you should get worcester or an enginner out as it could be many things........faulty gas valve/pcb/more likely a blcked main heat exchanger

Thanks for your info, yes gas is definitely on (gas hob works fine). Where do I check the condensate? Would the heat exchange unit still clogg up if i live in a soft water area? After doing some research it feels like the 'overheat thermostat' is causing the trip out because its only when I increase the radiator temp setting that the boiler switches off. But maybe I'm wrong.... Might need to get an engineer in.

Sponsored Links
Yes I probably have got sludge in the system as some radiators downstairs stay cool at the bottom 1/5 when running. Might get a powerflush done this summer & get engineer to check the boiler over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back