worchester cdi37 boiler - what controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

im looking for advice on what controls i should install on my new boiler , i just want to be able to have a room stat and the ability to switch off the central heating , i dont see any advantage in switching off the hot water , why would i want too , it just heats water when i run the hot tap ,any advise appreciated , im not a big fan of wirless devices so if someone can advise what controller / room stat to use and how it should be wired , i would prefer to have a room stat seperate from the programer and if possible use the wires that run on the old system. I did not want the controls on the boiler as its in the basement
thanks

Sponsored Links
How about a programmable thermostat?

Or a timer at the top of the stairs (into the cellar) and a wall thermostat in hallway/lounge?

Being a combi your correct about timing hot water, there is no need.

You seem to want a simple manual room stat!

Just a Honeywell costing about £12 would do with a twin wire to the boiler.

Most people want a nice comprehensive control with weather compensation operating under linux!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Its only a two wire stat so what would you do with a third core?

Its classed as double insulated and all made of plastic so an earth wire would have no real purpose.

Tony

I have heard this arguement 100 times.

I would always run a low voltage cable (230v) with an earth to protect against damage.
Although I understand the stat itself does not require one.

mrgas I assume he means the 2 core stat with digital screen and + and - buttons.

Hi all

im looking for advice on what controls i should install on my new boiler , i just want to be able to have a room stat and the ability to switch off the central heating , i dont see any advantage in switching off the hot water , why would i want too

It doesn't switch off the hot water, it switches off the hot water pre heat. The hot water pre heat will fire once every 20 mins keeping the water in the heat exchanger hot and ready to respond to a hot water demand.

The idea of the timer is so you can switch it off when your out at work or in bed at night.

Without a built in timer this function will have to be switched on/off manually at the boiler via the eco button.

With the pre heat off it basically takes longer for you to get hot water at the tap.

a £12 honeywell stat needs a neutral too, so three core and an earth to protect the cable.

I have fitted a programmer a Boss BUT2 purchased from PTS - which will work fine , i still want to put a room stat in so that if the house is cosy then i wont be running the CH ,will the honeywell work ? and if so whats the part number .

Thanks again for all info:-

Wiring info for the Above switch Siemens RWB30/100/152/170/7 and The 37CDi

N from programmer to Ns on Boiler
L From programmer to LS on Boiler
4 on programmer to LR on Boiler
Earth on programmer to Earth tag on boiler
and you need a link on programmer Live to 2 on programmer (just use a little wire link )

I assume i will have to connect the Room stat in series on the LR wire.

Thanks in Advance

Hi I decide that i wanted slightly diferent controller , so changed to a danfoss ts715-si

had to make a change at the controller and move the comon wire from 2 to 1 , but works a treat -

re the room stat i bought a ctr246 from CEF will update later when i have it wired

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back