Worktop fit - acceptable tolerance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Looking for some advice on a recent kitchen fit (professional).
We've noticed that a pool of water had built up on the worktop in the corner under appliances (removed for pic), to the right of the sink.
Behind the tap, the worktop seems completely level, but behind the drainer and to the right, it seems to have a very slight slope.
The bubble is between the lines on the spirit level but seems offset enough for a slight slope and this is allowing water to find its way down and pool.

In terms of professional kitchen fitting, is this an acceptable tolerance?

To correct now I would imagine would create a mess - upstands off, possibly plaster damage. Both kitchen supply and fit was from the same company (local).

Sponsored Links
Not really but has it always been like that or has the top 2arp3d over time?

Not really but has it always been like that or has the top 2arp3d over time?

Thanks for prompt reply.
Only been fitted about 1 week.
Rest of that length is absolutely flat, changeover seems to be where worktop has had the sink cut out.

Sponsored Links
you shouldnt leave any water on the surface for more than a few mins
so a better mop up routine may help the problem
my thoughts are iff you get it level and dont mop it up it will find any chinks in the seal and blow the worktop

you shouldnt leave any water on the surface for more than a few mins
so a better mop up routine may help the problem
my thoughts are iff you get it level and dont mop it up it will find any chinks in the seal and blow the worktop

Ok. I guess we'll have to be careful and just keep it dry.

to be fair it should be level but it looks like about 2mm a foot drop as a guess
on average about 1 in every 60 tops will give trouble no matter how careful you are
with about a quarter needing replacing or reworking

Water will pool even on a level top, it's very important to keep timber worktops as dry as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back