Wrecking cars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I'm thinking of scraping the car i have a Citroen Saxo 1.1. Is it as simple as taking of all the parts that are worth selling lights, engine parts etc. Then scraping the metal.

What sort of price would i be getting for the scraped metal?

Would it be worth selling the engine as one or can i just scrap that with the rest of the metal?

Any information on this matter would be most helpful:eek:)

Sponsored Links
The price of scrap steel is next to nowt again.
For the complete car, expect £60 or thereabouts...if you can deliver it.
You may get rid of some bits and bobs on Ebay, but there are loads of Saxo's about - most of which have been through the hedge.
Personally I'd let the whole thing go to someone who'd collect from your home.
John :)

I spoke to the guy on the weighbridge at our local scrappy last week and he told me they're paying £130 a car. And that lot are as tight as a duck's @rse.

Thats pretty good - next door got only £60 for a Honda Civic - which was driveable.
I'd take the £130!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Surely if they are paying me £50 to take my car away. Then there must be more money in it than that or surely it would be like the old days when you had to pay them to take your car away.

I really want to take my car apart and make some money.

I spoke to the guy on the weighbridge at our local scrappy last week and he told me they're paying £130 a car. And that lot are as tight as a duck's @rse.

thats because he weighed it in rather then going to the scrap car side.
about a year ago my f/in law scrapped a volvo and done the same thing,he got offered iirc£50-60 for scrap but got iirc near on £200 for being wieghed in.

about a year ago my f/in law scrapped a volvo and done the same thing,he got offered iirc£50-60 for scrap but got iirc near on £200 for being wieghed in.

Yeah that's what i'm trying to do... i'm going to weigh it in.

remember and hide lots of heavy stuff in the car, fill the carpets with water and if you are having it transported there fill the engine and fuel tank with water too. :evil:

No. they're paying that per car, not by weight.

No. they're paying that per car, not by weight.

cool ;) makes you wonder if 1 could get a few scrappers and take it them.

Sponsored Links
Back