Wrong size windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dble glazing company fitted windows with vent sizes too small. It was overlooked unfortunately on my and their behalf. Is it worth having this rectified? It would mean more frames and expense but at the moment they look odd compared to all the other houses because their so small.

I know if I sell down the line its money wasted but they just look so wrong!

Sponsored Links
Presumably this is replacement DG? What do you mean by vent sizes, trickle vents? If so, did you have them fitted in your original windows?

i think because they are saying "it dosn't match the rest off the road"
it will be the openers but that's just a guess

Yes its the openers, its a 30s house and they all have big top openers.... well we dont :eek:(

Sponsored Links
You mean they've got the transom drops wrong? Seen it before and it does look totally wrong, they should have specified and their survey what the drop should be, i'd take a guess that they requested you sign the survey sheets too arguing that you should of checked?

What did they compare with, did you tell them to copy the exsisting windows?

Yep youve hit the nail right on the head. Thats just it I assumed they would do them the same a all the othe houses, they did the openers the same as the wrong sized old pvc units, basically said they sent CAD drawings but I didnt get them. Probably would have picked it up if Id of seen these. Just forgot about the size of the openers to specify them as original spec, what with everything else.

I believe i signed a hand drawn sketch, but this didnt have the sizes on.

Well then i'd dig my heels in demand to have them re-made in a style thats clearly in proportion arguing that they haven't specified transom drops so have effectively guessed it!

Yep youve hit the nail right on the head. Thats just it I assumed they would do them the same a all the othe houses, they did the openers the same as the wrong sized old pvc units, basically said they sent CAD drawings but I didnt get them. Probably would have picked it up if Id of seen these. Just forgot about the size of the openers to specify them as original spec, what with everything else.

Unfortunately, unless you instructed them otherwise, that's probably not unreasonable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back