Wrong Steel Lintel???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a lintel from Travis Perkins today, for single leaf 102mm wall, Now I reckoned it was made up wrong. It has a lip on it (indicated by the green arrow)

Can any of you good folks tell me whether the lip should be in position A or B?

I thought it was A. so you could put mortar under it. B would then protrude from the wall. The lintel they made up would only fit in position B so I refused it, but wanting to see If Im just plain wrong or if I got it right.

Lintel.jpg

Sponsored Links
Because the one they got me was 130mm along to the green arrow, so it could only fit on a 102mm wall in position B. I doubt it was stainless steel either. Going to just get a catnic, thats what I wanted in the first place and what I asked for on the travis perkins website, but they couldnt get it so had a supplier that could make an "equivilent"

Any ideas on where to get a catnic one at short notice? already hire the strongboys and props and have them dug in as I was going to pick up the ordered lintel today

Your saying that you got this steel lintel fabricated to order? o_O

And it was made to the wrong dimensions ???

Seems a bit extreme ... Surely they're not that difficult to get hold of.

Sponsored Links
Whats the purpose of your lintel?

Can you post a pic of where you propose to locate it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back