X10 dimmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience of using X10 dimmers?

I know absoloutly nothing about these, but I need to replace an under rated grid dimmer, and all the larger rated dimmers require 2 grid modules. There are no spare modules.

It was suggested to me that it may be worth looking into using an X10 dimmer. Having done some research it appears I could replace the existing grid dimmer with a momentary switch connected to an X10 dimmer near the light. I would like the dimmer to be soft start if possible.

Does this sound feasable / workable? Does anyone have links to places to learn more about this stuff, and possibly buy some too?

Sponsored Links
Yes, I have several at home, including the LD11 which is DIN rail mounting, soft-on and off with level memory. Note that most X10 modules need a neutral. I also have timer control, an RF remote key-fib an an IR receiver that let's me control all from my Pronto programmable remote.

The one linked to above has the same functionality as LD11 and is what I would have chosen had it been available at the time (and it does not need a neutral).

You may also also like to provide a remote control of some type and either an RF or IR receiver to suitr the remote.

Cool :)

Looks like the way to go then.

So all I need to buy is one of them jobbies in tim west's link, and an MK K4885 push grid module?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
just curious, why do you want to change the dimmer in the first place?

:oops:

would it not be cheaper to fit a new back box to acomodte a new dimmer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back