Xpelair CF20T Extract fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replace my ageing bathroom extract fan with a Xpelair CF20T , wire up as per instruction . one permenent live to LH terminal of the fan , one switch live to the T terminal ( timer ) and Netural but the fan stays on and cannot be switched off , even when the light switch is used , the fan has got a pull cord switch , would this make a difference if its on/off ? this is what I trying to achive, when light is switched on fan comes on but stays on when light is switched off for the timer period .

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you haven't reversed the permanant and switched lives by mistake?

RF Lighting said:
Are you sure you haven't reversed the permanant and switched lives by mistake?
I have checked and double checked , its the right way round , would the HUMIDITY setting on the fan have anything to do with this problem ?

is the timer not adjustable? if so have you turned it too far up (if you see what i mean)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
is the timer not adjustable? if so have you turned it too far up (if you see what i mean)
Yes , the timer is adjustable and I have tried it with a minimun and maximum setting .

The timer adjustment on some fans doesnt take effect unless the power is off to the fan before u make the adjustment. Just a thought....

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back