xxx

Sponsored Links
The landlord (if not you) will need to give permission and require drawings with relevant fire and building regs considerations as they have a duty of care in respect to all leaseholders in particular a Fire risk assessment. This work is notifiable to Building Control.

Pete

You could contact a Fire Safety Officer at the Local Fire Brigade Headquarters,
They should have up to date Fire Safety Regulation details (multiple Occupancy) that may help you before you contact Building Control.

Sponsored Links
1. Can you DIY fit a fire door, as long as you comply with the regulations on fitting it to within the tolerances, installation of intumescent seal, and that it is indeed fire rated and certified with the sticker on top etc?
Yes.

2. Does one need to have it certified by building control? (or, does it fall under building regulations?)
Not if it's just one fire door - however in this case it clearly is part of a larger project.

3. The open plan space changes my layout such that the kitchen is now in an exit route - I plan to install Fire Door on the bedroom also. Is there any regulations on this? To example the layout:
- Front Door (from a communal stairwell) opens to an open plan living space with kitchen. There are two rooms off this, the bedroom and bathroom. I plan to instal a fire door to the bedroom.
That is a huge fail, and will not be permitted.
Kitchens cannot form part of the exit route, and installing a fire door on the bedroom won't change anything.

4. Taking into account point 3, does require me informing building control or anything/one?
Yes, they will want to see detailed plans of the new layout. There is a fee to pay. Failure to do so is breaking the law, and if you install things which are not compliant, they will need to be removed at your expense.

Urm, any reason the OP has removed all the content of their posts?

Although its all quoted by others anyway, so rather pointless?

Damn Thought I was going to see x-rated stuff and birds with quadruple d Bristols.

:(

Sponsored Links
Back