Y plan heating but no independent CH.

This is Honeywell's recommended wiring (ignore pump overrun - you boiler doesn't have it):

full

Yep, that is how it is! Very clear diagram

Sponsored Links
The programmer is set to Gravity fed (G) and Linked (L) with the jumpers on the back.
Don't understand what you mean by "Linked (L)". There is only one jumper on the back which is in either the G or P position.

Sponsored Links
Don't understand what you mean by "Linked (L)". There is only one jumper on the back which is in either the G or P position.
I have managed to answer my own question.

The BG UP2 is actually a Drayton LP822, not a LP722. The LP822 has three jumpers on the back: Pumped/Gravity; 1/5/7 day and Linked/Independent

The L option sets the CH and HW to have the same times; The I option allows separate CH and HW times

For a Y Plan they need to be set to P and I (1/5/7 day as required). You still need to install the missing wire.

Thanks, yes missing wire now installed but If I+P are set, the timer works but setting 'CH only' illuminates the HW light too. Guess as previously suggested it depends on the sequencing.

Thanks, yes missing wire now installed but If I+P are set, the timer works but setting 'CH only' illuminates the HW light too. Guess as previously suggested it depends on the sequencing.
There are two ways of getting CH only:

Set programmer to CH On and

1. Set the programmer to HW Off or
2. Set programmer to HW On and cylinder stat low (so HW is satisfied).

Does the HW light come on in both scenarios?

If it does, contact Drayton and seek their advice:

Customer Services 0333 6000 622

Technical 0333 7000 622

Email [email protected]

Guess as previously suggested it depends on the sequencing.
Not really in this instance, the sequencing should be correct if controlled by the programmer, for example it won't allow hot water 'on' and hot water 'off' to be live at the same time. I only mentioned the sequencing when you were making connections of the grey wire to a live that wasn't via the programmer during fault finding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back