Yale 6400 Yet another entry problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Hope someone can help. I have installed a wireless 6400 Yale alarm and all seems ok except.....

I set the pir in my front hall monitoring the front door to entry and all the other to burglar.

I set the alrm and it allows me 30 sec exit as planned, I also have it set to 30sec entry but this does not happen.

I can walk in the front door and nothing happens, If i set the pir to burglar it goes off as it should. I have tried changing the pir but it is the same.

I have been all through the adv settings and cant see anything wrong. I have also tried contacting Yale cust supp but waited an hour and still they didnt answer.

Could it really be that I have two faulty sensors?

Any help much apprecited.

Lilysdad

Sponsored Links
Have you only got a pir monitoring your entry and exit movement.

You really need a door contact on your door to be used as the prime entry sensor this will give a more positive response. Pirs are more effective at registering movement when you walk accross their 'field of vision' rather than towards them.

Or are you saying you have both a pir and a door contact as your entry sensors?

Have you only got a pir monitoring your entry and exit movement.

You really need a door contact on your door to be used as the prime entry sensor this will give a more positive response. Pirs are more effective at registering movement when you walk accross their 'field of vision' rather than towards them.

Or are you saying you have both a pir and a door contact as your entry sensors?

Thanks for your speedy reply.

The front door is only monitored by pir, one door sensor on the back door, one door sensor on the patio doors and the other pir in the front half of a through lounge. I purchased one extra pir to use in the garage but havent put this up yet because I thought one pir may be faulty.

Hope that is clear.

Lilysdad

Ideally you should have a door contact on your front door. Using a pir is not ideal as they require movement accross their field of vision to generate a response. When walking towards one there is a lesser reaction. Also does your home have high ceilings? The pir sensors need to be around the height you can stretch to with your feet still on the ground. any higher and they are less effective due to how the lenses channel the heat images.
If your pir is at the far end of your hall as you come in try repositioning it on the entry wall looking into the house rather than at the back of the hall looking toward the door. The sensors sweep 110degrees so it wiil not miss movement coming through your door. Remember not to site it too high aswell. Try a walk test and see how the pir responds in different settings until you get a positive response every time.

Sponsored Links
You would do better to buy an extra door sensor, or swap the one off the patio doors, which will not go off if someone just breaks the glass.

Set the door sensor to Entry.

You would do better to buy an extra door sensor, or swap the one off the patio doors, which will not go off if someone just breaks the glass.

Set the door sensor to Entry.

Thank you for your replies, I will get another door sensor.

What I don't understand is that the sensor reacts when on burglar mode but not on entry mode.

Many thanks

Lilysdad03

I have fitted a few Yale alarms and have only ever used a door contact as the Entry sensor, I don't even know if you can use a PIR.

For speed, try swapping one of your door sensors today, I expect that will fix it.

I have fitted a few Yale alarms and have only ever used a door contact as the Entry sensor, I don't even know if you can use a PIR.

For speed, try swapping one of your door sensors today, I expect that will fix it.

Today I fitted a door sensor and relocated the PIR and all works as it should. Thank you to mdf290 and JohnD for the expert and speedy help. Very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Lilysdad

Yale PIR can deffo be used as entry sensor when in home armed mode as mine works every morning when we walk down the stairs.

I think it works for away arm mode too. EDIT - it definitely does actually as when we set away arm by mistake we get the 20s countdown still.

No good for Lilysdad03 now but may be of use to someone else reading this!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back