Yale door contact isn’t recognising being left open and alarm sets with it open!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just installed my new wireless Yale alarm. It’s the premium plus version. We used to have the easy fit version so the new door contacts are slightly different to what I’m used to and I can’t figure out this problem.

All door contacts are working well for setting off the alarm when the alarm is set. However, if I attempt to set the alarm with a window or door open, rather than alerting me to the open door or window and then having me override it to set the alarm or me realising and shutting the door or window, it’s just setting the alarm straight away with it open still.

Can anyone help with this problem? I have kids who like fresh air so it’s a very important feature to me. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
This is a common problem with wireless alarms using one way communication from sensors to panel.

Because the panel cannot talk to the sensor it cannot ask for the status of the sensor when the alarm is being set.

The design relies on the user ensuring that all doors and windows are shut when setting the alarm.

Alarms that use two way wireless communication can ask the sensors for their status when the user tries to set the alarm, they will alert the user to a door or window that is open when the user tries to set the alarm.

Thank you for the explanation. Does this mean that my wireless easy fit was two way communication whereas my new premium one is one way?

Some Yale systems use two communication but I do not know whether the Easy Fit is two way.

Personally I would never consider a DIY wireless alarm system as being reliable.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, it’s very confusing because the instructions are very clear that this should work with this set.

Common knowledge within industry, that Yale systems do not report open circuit faults when system arming.
Most of the Yale systems only operate on single path transmission as Bernard has suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back