yellow pages v Yell.com v Google v anything else!

Yellow pages is still great for finding local businesses. Less crap to trawl through than search engines.
Yell.com is a complete waste of space. Their web design service is based on 3 pages and done to a template by some spotty teenager on work experience all for the sum of around 500 notes.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a 'building' tradesman, but I am self emploied, offering a localy based service ;)

I find Yell pages works well, thompsons are rubish. Yell.com was trying to sell me advertising for 300 quid to be ranked to for a search in the area, but the catch............. a person would need to go to the yell.com site and type in 'xxxxxxxx, in swindon', then I would come top!

Most people google, they don't go to yell.com ot thomweb.com.

Local adds work for me in monthly parrish magazine type things. To be honest most people come through word of mouth.

I mostly walk round naked, I put all the jobs i do on one cheek and the phone number on the other, I have had loads of interest.
Here that plumber bloke from brighton who is not a plumber nor is he from brighton needs to be a bit more specific about wot it is he doesn't do or where he is'nt from.
Just googled plumber brighten(sic) it said it is not possible to brighten a plumber no matter where they aren't from??
I hope this adds some meat to the bones

Sponsored Links
we tried Yell.com for a free insertsion...... got 30 calls from Yellow pages trying to sell me £600 of advertising, 22 calls from advertising companies for other publications, and the best 53 calls from some magazine who open their gambit by saying " thank you for supporting the little orphans, children, cats, blind leggless (you get my drift). in the past, we are looki ng for just one ......... (fill i your trade) to go into this years glossy blah blah blah..... pu the phone down, emove Yell advert and it all stoppedx within a week.
Web.... OK we get 30% business from google and yahoo searches.
PS I got NO calls from potential clients in that 2 months....... and we use a freephone number so they all got a sharp short shock.

Back