Yet Another Boiler Pressure Dropping Problem-Worcester24i Jr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

Recently my boiler failed to work and I noticed the pressure was below 0.5 bar on the gauge. After repressure to 1.5 bars, I can see the pressure drop slowly over time, roughly 0.5 bar dropped in 2 days or so.

I checked all the pipes and radiators, no visible leakage seen.
The PRV pipe outside was not discharging any water, this was confirmed by sticking a paper cup on the pipe outside - it stayed dry.
No visible drips on the drain pipe and the PRV in the boiler.

Trying to isolate the problem, I repressured the boiler back to 1.5 bars, then shut the isolation valves on both CH pipes. Still, the pressure went down as before.

Could it be an internal leak? I could not see any damp spots or drips of water around the boiler. Or other problems?

Other information:
  • I justed moved into this flat (built in 1987), the boiler was installed in 2004 and last serviced in 2009
  • I started to use the radiators (4 hours/day) from 19th Oct, the 0.5 bar low pressure problem was first noticed on 24 Oct.

I am about to call someone over but I think it is best to ask for your expert advices first :)

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
If you have isolated the boiler from the system and the pressure still drops, then the problem is within the boiler, probably from the heat exchanger discharging into the condensate,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back