Zanussi 1631 sometimes works - sometimes doesn't

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zanussi 1631, only 2 1/2 years old. Sometimes it works o.k. but mostly stopping after a while and resetting the time back to start; getting to spin - turning once then stopping; filling but doing nothing further. I have tested for error codes and get mostly E52 but sometimes E90, E30, E00 and ELE. I have checked the filter and impeller - both o.k. I am beginning to think Zanussi are really rubbish and designed to expire immediately after the guarantee runs out! Please help, should I scrap it or call an engineer out? Thanks, James

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the problem is a defective pcb. Error codes are sometimes very helpful in identifying a particular problem, at other times they can be annoyingly misleading. E52 indicates a problem with any of the following; motor - wiring - pcb. E90 indicates a configuration issue. E30 could be a whole bunch of issues too long winded to go into here. E00 indicates no error. ELE means that the machine has been in service mode & needs to be switched off at the program selector then back on again to clear the ELE code.
i.e....it is impossible to have all of these error codes on one machine at the same time unless you are the worlds most unlucky consumer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back