Zanussi - no transit bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I took deliver of a Zanussi ZWH washing machine. I can't even find where the transit bolts would be. The manual is next to useless. I don't think they were on the machine when it was delivered as there is no sign of them. The machine wasn't in any packaging. I have checked all of the back of the machine and put my fingers through three holes at the back and can jiggle the drum. There were three plastic hole covers in the machine, but these don't fit into the hole as they are too big. I have used the machine once and it seems fine... I phoned Hughes and they say the transit bolts should be on the machine but the delivery "may have taken them off for you". Pity they didn't mention it when they delivered it!

Do I take all of the plastic back cover off? I haven;t a clue.

Sponsored Links
Most likely they sold the machine to someone else who returned it. Difficult to prove though. If you can move the drum from side to side the bolts have been removed and it is safe to use.

On my old zanussi the bolts are in 3 holes on the back. The heads stand slightly proud of black rubber grommits that they run through .

On my old zanussi the bolts are in 3 holes on the back. The heads stand slightly proud of black rubber grommits that they run through .

Thank you - Looks like all ok - no transit bolts on the machine... they must have taken them out but didn't leave them - confused me. The machine is working fine. :eek:

Sponsored Links
What normally happens is that they strip off all the packaging and then remove the transit bolts in the back of the van.

Check with the supplier.

Andy

What normally happens is that they strip off all the packaging and then remove the transit bolts in the back of the van.

Check with the supplier.

Andy

Thanks for the reply - yes you are probably right as there were definitely no transit bolts - I checked on youtube on how to remove them and my had already gone - I wouldn't even know what a transit bolt looked like and had to know what I was looking for. The manual for the machine is rubbish and I am going to let Zanussi know what I think. Anyway did a load tonight and presto no problems! This site is really good I will use it for all my practical problems in future... people are good aren't they! :D

I have removed hundreds of washing machines for customers who were movinghouse. No ever refitted the transit bolts, they lost them years ago.

Andy

I have removed hundreds of washing machines for customers who were movinghouse. No ever refitted the transit bolts, they lost them years ago.

Andy

Hi Andy - thanks so much.... I definitely don't have them. Haven't had a new washing for years but the last one I had had transit bar in the top of the machine and I did keep them for when I moved... anyway all is well!! Washing away merrily!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back