Zanussi Washing Machine Door Interlock burned out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Zanussi Progress 1400 with a led display that does not come on. The power light works and the door light flickers on power on.

From this forum I gather that the interlock could be the culprit. My interlock is type DLS1 - inside it pictured here.

Can anyone explain how it works. From the image attached the "contact" is open in the resting position. When the white wheel is rotated by the solenoid it pushes the contact down to keep it open. My guess it that the resting position of the contact should be closed and the wheel then pushed it down to open it.

The "burned" part of the image is where a weight at the end of a separate metal strip under the contact sits into the plastic housing. Could this be loose the therefore the contact remains open always and the wheel rotation has no effect?

Is there any way to bypass the interlock to check if it is faulty before buying a replacement?

Any help appreciated.

Edit: The metal weight that's overheated seems to be a resistor (about the size of a digital watch battery) but no current flows. The reason I think it's a resistor is because there's another similar one that has about 60 ohms. Could this be a resistor that has lost its resistance because of heat.

David

Sponsored Links
Hi David,

Re: Zanussi Washing Machine Door Interlock burned out?

I have exactly the same problem, did you get any answer on how to fix it ?

Greg

Greg

I got a new interlock very cheaply at

http://www.dpdomesticspares.com/sho...ks/zanussi-door-interlock-1249675131/p_7.html

but it did not fix the problem.

I then took out the driver board where there was a burnt out track so I soldered a jumper for that but still no joy.

So there was still another problem which I couldn't find.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new Amica 7kg in PowerCity with a 2 yr guarantee for 290 euro. Delighted with that so far - 2 year guarantee swung it.

In your case it could be just the door interlock and might be worth a gamble for the replacement part which is about 15 euro incl postage. I'd give you mine but broken machine now recycled,.

Sponsored Links
Door interlocks fail quite often, unfortunately when they short-out they can end up damaging the pcb. The good news is that they are not expensive to buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back