Zanussi washing machine door seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Have to replace the door seal on a Zanussi FL1085 washing machine. Not done it before but have looked at the YouTube vids, and since I built a house myself, figure that it is not beyond me!

The Locking Ring and Connection Ring; are these just big springs / spring loaded bands as shown in the various videos, lever off and replace with the new seal, or do I have to buy a new 'cable tie' versions?

Thanks

Rex

Sponsored Links
I did my first door seal a couple of weekends ago, it was a Bosch but watched a couple of online videos and it was pretty straight forward.
The Bosch ones were pretty rigid wire loops with a small spring, easy to get off a little trickier to get back on but something like a plastic bicycle tyre lever helps prevent damaging the new seal.

Thanks. I have also seen the on-line videos and it does not look too trying but I don't know yet whether the springs are as yours or a giant cable tie. Zanussi are being very, very unhelpful with information. Their excuse is that if they tell me, then I am taking work from the service tech. who would visit and do the job correctly!

I've just looked on espares site and they list the door seal and a door seal retaining clamp for the FL1085.
It looks like a plastic clamp with angled teeth on one end that you need to push into the socket part on the other end.
Looks like you may have to have some sort of tool to make sure the clamp is fully tightened, search on espares site, if you can't find it let me know and I will post the link.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have seen it. Before buying, the machine is in a flat the I own and rent out, so will be dropping in to see if that is what I need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back