Zanussi ZKC5030 main oven not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bottom oven of my mum's cooker is not heating. Everything else - hob, top oven and grill all OK. When you turn the knob to switch it on the red light comes on but the fan doesn't turn and it doesn't heat.
Wondering if it might be the clock - can anybody confirm what the display should show when it is in manual mode - my mum's always shows the symbol which looks like a pot with steam (or square bracket on its side with three vertical lines above) which I don't think it should but I can't make it disappear. :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - I wanted to rule out the clock first before spending money on an element or thermostat.

Sponsored Links
unlikely, as when the t/stat reaches temp the fan will remain on, your fan isnt running.
It could be a broken wire at the element/fan assy or at the time. It is possible that there is a thermal cut out that has failed although they are reliable.

Sorry to keep disagreeing with you Diyisfun, but it could be the fan runs through a different set of contacts on the stat that is closed when turned on & does not open with a rise in temp. so that the fan is running constantly when the oven is turned on. I do agree though that it sounds more like an open cct wire feeding the stat or neutral to the other side.

Sorry to keep disagreeing with you Diyisfun, but it could be the fan runs through a different set of contacts on the stat that is closed when turned on & does not open with a rise in temp. so that the fan is running constantly when the oven is turned on. I do agree though that it sounds more like an open cct wire feeding the stat or neutral to the other side.
You may be correct, I base my answers on working 15 yrs in domestic appliance development, (Mainly on electric cookers).

Does 30 years as a repairer trump 15 years as a designer? :D :D , probably not salary wise anyway. :D

Thank you both for your advice. Think it is wiring problem but hard for me to check without a wiring diagram - any idea where I might be able to get one?

You should be able to do it without a cct diag., measure from the wires of each componant to earth to see if you have a live feed. If that's ok measure to neutral side to see if that is what you are losing. The stat will be fairly easy to check if it is faulty as it will probably be charcoal coloured, but a resistance check across the contacts (without power on ) should establish if it is good or not.

Thank you very much. Tested the components first - all OK. Then tested the wiring to each component as per your instructions. The live feed goes into the clock first, then to the thermostat. Found there was no live feed on the wire going from the clock to the stat so removed that and found there was a component on the board burnt out. Connected the live feed direct into the stat and everything worked fine. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back