cctv dvr advice please

LOL you dont want much do you.
As we said most will not supply you, that said.

Samsung are not bad.
4th choice I did say to think about but it does say Iphone is a bit hit and miss.

1, Most are
2, See above and evn the review on CCTV Direct.
3, Most can
4,Some can, check the spec. Or record off site via Cloud.
5, Again read the spec.
6, Samsung will be that. Others generally are rebrands unless fro good trade sites.
7, Not sure I understand, then it would be more than a 4 way. And hybrids are expensive.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Alarm

7. I meant adding more than 4 cameras - but 4 being BNC connected and any others being wireless IP cameras

Sponsored Links
#Yes, with the network set up, router in place and relevent software.

Thanks Alarm

7. I meant adding more than 4 cameras - but 4 being BNC connected and any others being wireless IP cameras
Hybrids cost!!
If you find a cheap one - don't buy it.

If you insist on using wireless camera's (not advisable if low end gear) feed them to a NAS and stick to a standard DVR for the analogue camera's

and any others being wireless IP cameras
Are you aware that some "wireless IP" cameras only transmit data when there is a significant change in the picture they are seeing. ? They do this to reduce the amount of bandwidth being used on the channel and thus allow more than one camera to use the channel.

Also wireless cameras ( on a licence free channel ) are easy to disable.

If the method of detecting a significant change in the image is poor then a small object or even a slow moving large object may not trigger an image update until it is too late.

You mention
3) Ability to automatically send notifications via email etc
which I assume is to happen when something of interest has been seen by a camera. How will the system decide when to send an "automatic notification" to you ? Image analysis is not cheap. Get it wrong and you will either be flooded with notifications or, even worse, you will not be notified when something serious has happened.

Recording off site as well as on site is a sensible approach but do not rely on the offsite recording. Have on site recording with the recorder in a secure location where all but the most determined criminal cannot access it.

And remember in the event of a power cut the whole system will be out of action. One reason why alarm systems have standby batteries and crimes of burglary increase during power cuts.

Thanks for info re wireless cameras etc - very handy to know

You mention
3) Ability to automatically send notifications via email etc
which I assume is to happen when something of interest has been seen by a camera. How will the system decide when to send an "automatic notification" to you ? Image analysis is not cheap. Get it wrong and you will either be flooded with notifications or, even worse, you will not be notified when something serious has happened.

I intend to only have email notifications for the inside camera which is protecting my home office - so nothing else should really set this off other than an intruder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back