Change timer settings in TREX Exit Detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quick question; Do you need to disconnect the power to the unit before adjusting the timer jumpers in a TREX Exit Detector?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, what is 'TREX'? I've never heard of this in regard to alarm systems, could you give a link please?

Can't find anything other than cooking fat :LOL:

Found it - T.Rex ;)

Ah, It is a request to exit detector, not an alarm device.

In answer to your question, guessing only, if I was fitting one of these I would power down before any adjustments, then when powered up it will 'learn' how to work.

I might be wrong though.

The instructions I found don't seem to give any guidance in this respect.

Thanks europlex! Yes, I had the same issue with the manual, nothing regarding power disconnection for maintenance. It's in my office and I'm not entirely au fait with the electrical set up. The call out fee from the installer is extortionate for changing a few jumpers so will do some more investigation!

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
The T.REX is re-triggerable so you might find that adjusting the angle (up and down) and the "barn doors" will make it work better. Also, it may well be connected to the exit button input of an access control system. In this case, the timer for the lock will be independant of the T.REX time. You might find that it's better to have the T.REX set to the shortest time possible!

And, no, I don't think you have to disconnect the power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back