Eurosec CPX Alarm help adding zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help. I have a Eurosec CPX alarm that had 3 sensors and an additional door sensor.

The living room sensor was damaged when my bathroom leaked and the ceiling fell in whilst I was on holiday. Anyway my sister got a builder to come and patch it up whilst I was away he must have when taking the debri away also skipped the sensor that fell when the ceiling came in.

I was unable to set the alarm because of the missing sensor I had an electrician friend come round who says the engineer code is locked in and i have to call the alarm company out who are telling me they will charge £150 (for one sensor that is really steep given the entire installation took them less than 2.5 hrs in the first place. teh builder knocked £40 off the bill for the sensor even though it was a mistake but he felt bad). I havent got that type of money. I have rang the company again last week and the man was kind enough to show me how to remove that zone so that i can atleast set the alarm.

Is there anyway i can now manually add the zone? (otherwise the whole of my basement is unalarmed) I believe he gave me the master code when he showed me how to remove the zone. I recall when going through the options there was a manually add zone just before remove zone but dont want to try anything because ill probably end up making not work.

Andy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicole.

Sponsored Links
just go and get another sensor around £15 , look inside another sensor to see what colour they have used for power, alarm pair and tamper pair it may be wired eol with resistors but i doubt it as you can set it by removing a zone probably not even got a tamper if thats the case. refix and it should be ok, come back to me if you have a problem.

thanks for the response. Sorry to be dim but i lost you at alarm pair!

I am fine to check how they are wired up because i have replaced the batteries before. My electrcian friend has already bought me the replacement do I just put it in place once it is set inside then what happens do i need to add it to the system? How do I do this!

Can i just check before i do all of this that i can definitley add it with the code he told me to remove it? I dont want to go to expense and time of i cant and need to get them out :(

Help!

right thats different looks like you have a cpx with a wireless expander fitted ( not hardwired ) the radio pirs are around £45 ish so the the £150 is not too bad as you will need the engineer code to re learn a wireless pir back onto the system.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have the wireless sensor. Do you mean that i will need the engineer code to reprogramme the programmer rather than do it via the normal kepad?

sorry to be a pain its all knew to me.

thanks,

Nicole.

what a new one ? as you said it was thrown away ? all programming inc adding a NEW sensor is done by engineer programming so engineer code will be needed.

thanks for the reply. My electrcian friend bought the sensor when he thought that he could reset it but couldnt because the engineer code is locked in.

Anyway when I was on the phone to the alarm company he gave me a code to remove the sensor so that i could reset my alarm. I was trying to see if i could reuse the code he gave me to readd the new sensor that i have.

From your reply i guess not and will have to involve the engineer coming out and reprogramming. What a shame :(

the remove function only lets you omit the zone so you can set it. what happens when you use the code they gave you ?

i havent tried it yet. I will try tommorow and let you know how i get on

BTW the reason i thought i would be able to add is because in the menu where he instructed me to go to remove the zone there was an option to manuall add zone. This is what got me thinking i might be able to do myseld and avoid the £150 they will charge.

Thanks for your help.

in customer mode you can remove a zone, for example you have a cat which you leave in the kitchen, you can remove this zone for one setting only, once you return and turn off the alarm it is put back in service. i think this is what you have seen.

It sounds like you have been in the engineer menu if you've seen something called "add manual zone(s)" or similar. You will need to get back into that menu, go to "add auto zone(s)", it should then say "Installing 96..." or something similar (zone number will depend on how many other detectors there are). At this point you need to put the battery into the detector then press and hold in both tamper switches. After a few seconds, the panel should give two beeps to confirm that it has been added. Then go to program zone types, type in the zone number and make sure that it's programmed as "12hr". You can also put in the text in the "Zone Descriptions" menu.

I'd strongly advise you get a pro in to sort this for you if you're not confident with the above. It's very easy to completely cock everything up and you could wind up leaving yourself in a worse situation than before!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back