Just bought reposession, no alarm codes, microtech galaxy 18

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just bought a reposession that has been empty for the last 9 months, on turning on the electrics for the house the alarm started going off, I noticed a fuse box underneath the alarm box so pulled it out and the alarm went off.

The alarm is an Ademco Microtech Glaxy 18 and is ADT branded, I rang up ADT and they say they didn't put it in and there is no history of it ever having a contract with them, I have obtained the user guide and the engineers manual off the web, reading through the manuals I read about the default code being 1234 so thought I'd give that a go so put the fuse back in and when the alarm started going off entered 1234 which worked and stopped the siren.

Now the keypad displays Call Manager Reset Required and from reading through the manual means I need another code to be able to access the alarm menus so seems I am stuffed.

One thing I noticed was that when the alarm was going off I stepped outside just to see how loud it was but to my suprise the box on the wall was making no noise whatsoever, the noise was coming from an internal siren that I located in the gas meter cabinet, I'm guessing that could be down to a flat battery which is probably the reason I was able to just pull the fuse out to stop the alarm going off?

From reading other posts on this site I need to crash the alarm and start afresh, I would like to do that but can't make sense of the engineers manual, if anybody could help I would really appreciate it?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the onboard memory retention battery has drained over the months without power. This results in defaults being loaded on the re-application of power. If an external siren is fitted, then it may be that it's being driven by a non-default output which isn't defaulted as a bell type output. I'll PM you, as this could take a bit of time to get going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back