Menvier TS400/TS410

texecom 1/2/3 e all same different shape pay around £25 +vat complete you should have had 13.80 ish across your aux - and + but if you are saying the detectors are lit just re check.

Sponsored Links
So you have no tamper return,can you test the bell tamper switch?
Probably the issue as the link at the bell clears the tamper.

Check the AUX again as stated should be 13.7 or abouts.

See how helpful a meter is.

I'll try checking the tamper again just to be sure.

Yes, the multimeter has been most useful, so thanks for th advice !

Next thing guys, I might buy a new bellbox, now how to I disable the old old siren prior o removing/installing?

Something to do with hold off?

Doobie

Sponsored Links
texecom 1/2/3 e all same different shape pay around £25 +vat complete you should have had 13.80 ish across your aux - and + but if you are saying the detectors are lit just re check.

Sparkymarka - so anyone you would suggest out of those? Also, do you have a preferred supplier I could go to?

Finally, is there no way to disable the alarm prior to replacing it? I assume it's a straight swap out, connect the cables, swap in?

Doobie

With a ladder and earplugs :D
And a safety net....

Seriously..... being that close to an alarm siren that suddenly explodes pain into your ear drums can be physically dis-orientating and if both hands are busy with the tools and the bell box then falling off the ladder IS a possibility.

It was so loud I instinctively backed away forgetting I was on the step ladder
from a person while being given first aid for a broken wrist.

Thanks,

I will definately keep an eye out! I have motorbike -30db earplugs that I will wear, to help!

Doobie

Thank you associatedalarms, but £300, seriously?!? for replacing a £25 alarm?

I appreciate that as a business you need to make money, call out, running van, office, etc... but we are talking about replacing a unit with what 6 or 7 wires in it?

I was under the impression that this forum was for DIYers trying to understand and fix things themselves.

Doobs

I completely understand Associatedalarms. Hence my post stating I get it. But to be fair to yourself, you have been very helpful on the forums and for that I thank you for spending your time and effort.

I too help out on the forums now, based on the help that I have received, I have a different skillset to yourself, but like to give something back.

You do not have to help others for free, but believe me, it is really appreciated.

Doobs.

So Mrs Doobs and I "attempted" to change the bell sounder today.

Guess what... It worked :D

Thank you for all of the advice and support over the last few weeks. It actually wasnt that difficult to replace, we just took our time and took it steadily.

Doobs.

Nope... Was sensible about it. Engineers mod, with battery.. Turned main power off. Disconnected wires at control end, removed cover ...no alarm, unplugged sirens... :).

Installed new unit with hold off "battery install"... Sweet as.

It was quite easy actually !!! Thanks for all your help sparky!!!!

Doobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back