Nexus 8 - Can't start it up after powerdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been given a Nexus 8 panel to see if I can get anything out of the log (such as it is...). The panel has had a hard life at the hands of an amateur and I'm not sure if I have the right codes. The circumstances of the last moments of the panel, before it was removed and sent to me, could include power problems so it might just be dead.

I haven't seen one of these before so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or it's knackered.

When I power it up, the 7-segment display shows Po, r2, r3, r4 in a cycle. Yes, I put Power On and, no, there are no 2, 3, 4 RKPs (and never were...). Entering the code(s) makes the RKP beep but no change to the display. I tried to default the codes, as per the manual, but this didn't seem to work either. The panel's tamper switch has been linked out with soldered jumpers and I don't know if you need the tamper open to default the codes. Does anyone else..?

I'm loathed to mess about too much for fear of filling the log with my workings and losing the original events. Any help to retrieve the log would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Are you after resurrecting it for reuse or just to get the log?

If your just trying to get the log then your best bet would be to contact Lynteck (the manufacturers):

LYNTECK LTD
PROTEC HOUSE, CHURCHILL WAY, LOMESHAYE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, BRIERFIELD
BB9 6RT NELSON, LANCASHIRE

Phone: 01282 717490
Fax: 01282 698020

They might be able to advise you.

Thanks MattyLad,

I just want the log. I couldn't get hold of Lynteck when I was working on it on Thursday night and then I was doing other things on Friday... You know how it is! Thanks again for their details.

Tom Fairnie is the boss, very helpful chap.

If not it's all in the pic isnt it?
Let us know if you get no joy.

Sponsored Links
I take it you explained that you only need to extract the log - did they say where it is kept?

They reckoned that the panel was screwed because it was generating alarms for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th keypads that didn't exist - and never had. :(

The log in this panel is pretty light on detail (a bit like a Gardtec 800 or a Scanny 9800) so it didn't seem worth investigating any further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back