slave and master socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all can i replace a master socket with a slave socket?

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
No as the telephone company who own and maintain the line require the master socket for line testing purposes.

Also the master socket is not your property, it belongs to BT ( Openreach ) or the cable company.

Why would you want to change it.

It will show up on the company's remote line tests if you do this.

Why are you wanting to change a master socket with a slave!?

The Master socket is needed, you must have a Master socket.

Do you have more than one master socket?

If so then you must keep the BT (Openreach) socket in place and then yes you can replace any other masters for slaves and you should do this as you should only ever have one Master on a system.

If your BT NTE5 Master socket is damaged, tied or faulty then BT will replace it for you free of charge.

Given that you believe that you have to do something with your phone system i'm assuming that you are experiencing a problem, what is the problem your having?

Sponsored Links
I presume they have a 'decorative' slave sockect the want to use? Cant think of any other reason.

In which case your largly stuffed, short of paying BT et al to move the master and then add a slave back were it was.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back