Sterling 10 alarm panel problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a panel that is a few years old but unused, all wired up with correct voltages reading across the panel and to the ICON control panel. Battery is fully charged yet when the panel is powered up the control panel is not lit up or showing any display.
All fuses appear correct and I have connected the ICON panel directly to a 12v source and it powers up, any ideas why it is not powering up when connected to the panel? :confused:

Sponsored Links
What voltage reading do you actually get at the keypad across 12v- and 12v+?

All fuses appear correct?

Did you actually test them or just look at them?

Thanks to both of you that have replied, there was no voltage across the +ve and -ve supply for the panel as I had originally thought and I have checked the fuses only to find one of them although looking sound and previously checked was now blown. I can only presume I checked them all earlier in the connection but then have done other things and blown the fuse.

The good news is that the panel has now fired up, sorry to have wasted your time but the advice was spot on, the only thing i am now unsure of is, there are two red wires from the tamper switch that protects the alarm box and lid, I presume they wire straight into the tamper terminals? :D

Sponsored Links
Yes in series with any other tampers you have. Obviously apart from the keypad and external sounder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back