Which Texacom PIR, Prestige quad or Twin Dual Element?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm about to replace my home PIRs for new ones as i've recently started getting a few false alarms for no apparent reason.

I am considering the Texacom Prestige range, but unsure which one to go for.

Is the Prestige Quad better/ more reliable than Prestige Twin Dual element? They they are priced similarly.

regards

AP

Sponsored Links
Spurious false alarms on multiple sensors is nearly always caused by a duff battery. Changing sensors won't prevent that.

Spurious false alarms on multiple sensors is nearly always caused by a duff battery. Changing sensors won't prevent that.

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply. infact I overhauled my old scantronic 9800+ only last year, giving it a good old service and also replaced the battery (Yuasa 7.0AH) with a new one.

So I doubt it very much that the battery is the problem. Infact I also replaced one of the PIRs with a new one and still got false alarm on that zone.

What I failed to mention is that I am also going to replace the 9800+ as its almost 13 years old now. However its been very stable all these years.

So new panel and PIRs are on the cards. Also the old PIRs are currently set on max pulse count to reduce false alarms but still getting triggered for some apparent reason.

So I've had enough, going to replace the panel and all the PIRs, and therefore not too sure which texacom PIR to go for.

However I'LL check the battery (voltage testing) to make sure its not duff!
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I perfer and tend to fit Texecom Premier QD Quad PIR in most installations and I have never had a problem with them. In fact I have got them in my own house along with a Dual Tech in the conservatory.

They offer good performance and good VFM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back