Yale house alarm fault issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have sent up an alarm today, however, I have a fault listed as a tamper with one of the sensors. I have tried to delete this fault by 'clearing the fault" but it won't delete. Please help!

Sponsored Links
let's assume that the device actually has a tamper condition.

Dismount it and look at the spring or whatever. Take the batteries out. Get new batteries.

Have it in your hand, go back to the panel, clear the fault, put the new batteries in the device while pressing the spring. What happens?

It will do no harm for you to tell us what model of alarm you have.

Check the manual for how to turn Tamper off (as you would do when changing batteries)

The neighbours will be less irritated if you take the siren off the wall and wrap it in cushions while you work.

In all likelihood this will be a door contact. This can happen if the device has been installed incorrectly. Sometimes if the door contact is placed against a moulded bevel on a a pvc door or window surround it means the tamper spring does not compress enough to close the microswitch.. In these cases just a small piece of card packing is required behind the tamper spring outlet hole in the sensors backplate.
Other than this if the device is correctly installed just try removing the device from the system using devices/remove device and then adding it back into the system using devices/add device.

All sorted, thank you for your help. I had stuck up the sensors with adhesive stickers, but drilled them up this morning and the fault has gone.
Thanks to all for your help.

Sponsored Links
All sorted, thank you for your help. I had stuck up the sensors with adhesive stickers, but drilled them up this morning and the fault has gone.
Thanks to all for your help.

Yep best way , not only does the adhesive sticker mean the spring does not compress enough but in a humid atmosphere like a kitchen/cooking the self adhesive tape can fail leading to the spring pushing the sensor off and causing a false alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back