Beko outdoor freezer not working (turning on then off)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a problem with my Beko outdoor freezer which I keep in the garage. I have tried troubleshooting it today but failed so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The symptoms are as follows:
- when I plug the freezer the lights turn on and remain on
- the compressor and fan also start running but after a few seconds they shut down
- if I unplug the freezer and plug back on, the same thing happens: compressor and fan turn on and then off

Any ideas what could be going wrong and if this an expensive fix?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is a frost-free freezer. It is a Beko TZDA 627 F. I am not exactly how old it is now but probably 3 years old.

Sponsored Links
This model has electronic control and given that both the compressor and fan stop its likely that the board or the ntc (temp sensor) will be at fault

Thank you! Do you think this is worth repair or is it cheaper to buy a new one?

Hi, are you sure that it's not the ambient temperature that's too low? After all we're in the middle of winter....cold garage!!!!!

Hi Wheelybobs, it's been a while since I logged onto this account. FYI, this freezer is meant for outdoor use and operating ambient temperature starts at -15degrees...It had been working fine (even in winter) for 3 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back