Hotpoint Aquarius WD440 - 2 lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem is

- the washer will start a cycle (k programme), then perhaps 10 minutes in stops with the 'Drying High Heat' light flashing (slowly), and also the on/off light flashing (rapidly).

-I have dissassembled the filter at the bottom and cleaned it out (20p richer, wahoo!)

-I've also blown down the pipe at the drum which drains into the filter to check the (pressure switch?) isn't blocked.

Any ideas what this error code might mean?

I did see a list of error codes. But I wasn't sure which way the lights are numbered.

Is the 'Drying High Heat' lamp at the top lamp 1 or lamp 5?

And what would these lights flashing represent?

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
Error fo8. Heater open curcuit or heater relay on pcb, that means a new pcb.

Thanks.

I'm 'reasonably' competent at repairing stuff - would you reccomend a repair of either of these items or simply plump for a new PCB?

Are the repairs even possible?

If it is a long job I'm thinking I'd probably just get a new PCB...

Check the heater first. It might just be that. Should read 25 ish ohms.

Sponsored Links
OK. I have a multimeter etc.

I have already removed the PCB.

Presumably its fine to check the resistance of the heater without the PCB in place?

And where is the heater?

Next to it. At the back of the drum 3 wires on it and a small block with two on it.

Hi

I've now tested the heater, and sure enough it has a resistance of 26 Ohms.

So presumably the heater is OK.

So its time to buy a new PCB then?

Are you a professional by the way?

Yeah sort of, been doing it for 20 years , if you send the pcb to emw in Nottingham they recon it for 45.00 or call the manufacturer and All in charge parts and labour 100.00

I sent my PCB off to be repaired.

But its been tested and is being returned to me as 'no fault found'.

Its been suggested that it may be the pressure switch, or temperature sensor on the heater.

Do you have any advice on either of these items?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back