hotpoint aquarius wml520

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys and girls 1st time here so hope i explain this ok. i have a hotpoint aquarius washing machine model no. wml520. the wash cycle knob should click when you turn it from 1 cycle to another.for some reason it just spins freely now when you try to turn it to change to different wash cycles.the last wash i did was on no.2 which is whites so everything i wash now has to be washed on no.2 as it just spins as i said.not sure if something has broke off the back off the knob or even how to get into it.any ideas would be greatly appreciated thx.

Sponsored Links
Yep classic fault the knob has a split in it so it won't click. You can buy a new knob or take it apart and put a small cable tie round the stalk on the knob.

Yep classic fault the knob has a split in it so it won't click. You can buy a new knob or take it apart and put a small cable tie round the stalk on the knob.
hi wow that was a quick answer what a great site.how do i take it apart cause it looks like i have to get into the back of it somehow.also where could i get a new knob cheers pal.

Remove the lid , 2 screws at the rear the lid slides back. Remove 2 screws on top of consol unclip the top panel and pull of the plug for wiring then remove 6 screws that hold the pcb on. As for the part try google or hotpoint eBay etc costs about a tenner.

Sponsored Links
Remove the lid , 2 screws at the rear the lid slides back. Remove 2 screws on top of consol unclip the top panel and pull of the plug for wiring then remove 6 screws that hold the pcb on. As for the part try google or hotpoint eBay etc costs about a tenner.
thanks for that,i will try to do it at weekend as am working all week and ill let you know how i get on.thx again.

I have the same problem, removed the pcb and knob and I have a tiny spring that fell out dont know where it goes??

any help appreciated

Spring goes on the base of the red dial. So it clicks when turned. There's also a very small ball bearing at the end of the spring.

@rocks1 can you please help me? The knob on my hotpoint Aquarius wmf940 is stuck on fast wash (the last wash I done) the dial clicks when I Turn it round but nothing happens on the screen? Is it a simple fix and when can I get the parts from? Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back