Hotpoint FDW60 dishwasher top arm not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New poster here.

I have a FDW60 disk washer and the top arm is not spinning as far as I can see. I have checked the holes in the top arm and they all appear to be clear. I can spin the arm manually when it is empty and it rotates fairly freely, as you would expect as they are not very smooth normally...

When the cycle is running I have opened the door and the bottom arm seems to have moved each time but the top one has not.

I have seen various US posts about dishwashers with this issue but I can't find any instructions on any UK models such as this one.

If anyone has any idea's I would be very glad to hear them!

Thanks,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Pull the top basket forward and check the ring nut at the rear , rubber washer is poss worn.

Hey, I had to go away for a few days so I have not had chance to check the washer/nut yet.

I also remembered something else. When I open the machine mid cycle the top arm is always in the same place and it is always leaning the same way. The arm is front to back almost straight and the end thats at the back seems to be weighed down with water. If I pull the front end down you can feel the water slosh to the other end and empty out of the holes along the way. Once the water is emptied out the arm is then evenly balanced and spins freely. When its still loaded with water and sloping one way its hard to spin because it hits the rack because its at an angle...

Does this change things for you?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably as Rocks says...look at the top tray washer/nut assy..I have had problems for 18mths thought was spary arms...but oh no..top nut..easy job cheap as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back