Hotpoint wt540 all lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 5 year old hotpoint wt540 has recently started flashing all it's lights and I can't start a programme ? Does anyone have any ideas ?

All the lights 1-5 are flashing as is the on/off and start/cancel and all the buttons in the middle it's lit up like a Christmas tree

Thanks

Sponsored Links
C17 cap in the pcb. Plenty of posts on here ,cost is penny's.

Thank you rocks I've removed the pcb and c17 is slightly domed on the top, I take it you need to be handy with a soldering iron to replace the capacitor ?

Sponsored Links
Thank you rocks I've found a family member who will solder the pcb for me, I don't suppose you could tell me wash at capacitor I need or a link to where to buy one ??

Thanks again for all your help

Maplins. 1000uf that's wat you want.

capacitor c17 replaced, pcb fitted and all working like new, thank you to all that advised on the problem just saved me £300 and a lot of ear ache from the mrs !!

C17 cap in the pcb. Plenty of posts on here ,cost is penny's.

Rocks1, many thanks for the advice about C17. You were spot on and I bought, received & replaced C17 in less than 48 hours; less time than it would take to but a new machine.

Hi all...I know these are old posts but I too have the same problem with my hotpoint wT540. It works fine....when I eventually get it going...but most lights flash rapidly when its switched on. Ha e to unplug and replug it in til it stops. Just had a repair man out who says its the capacitor on the front display board. Its not the Aquarius with the blue display board. The repair man says if I try to get the capacitor replaced a regular soldering iron with melt nearby materials. He says its 120quid for a new display board but this is unprogrammed. He cant do it..he says a hotpoint man would have to do this...200quid plus! Wondering how you got on soldering the capacitor in???. If indeed we are all talking bout the same fault\ capacitor. Thanks

C17 cap is on the bottom pcb not the top. Depends how good you are at soldering.

Thanks for the reply...he seemed to think this was on tbe board directly behind the display panel and buttons. Could be that this is a different problem. Seems a shame to ditch an otherwise good machine for the sake of a faulty capacitor.

Nope. It's on the bottom one. Top pcb has no cap on it , every white goods eng knows mcs nowadays have software that they cannot touch . They come out realising they can't touch it and charge a call out charge. Same with cars nowadays back to main dealer joe blogs can't fix it because of laptops and software downloads. But it's easy to replace a cap. If your good at soldering. If you want to exchange the pcb. Emw in Nottingham will repair and return it to you for £45.00.

I had the same problem, removed PCB soldered in a new capacitor and it now works great, thank you all for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back