tumble dryer probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any idea whay a tumble dryer would suddenly start blowing fuses.[/b]

Sponsored Links
hotpoint is the make of the dryer, not sure of the model, sorry, its tripping the rcd
thanks
Bill

If the rcd trips then it has an earth fault someplace, likely the heater element.
The model number would be a distinct advantage, look for a sticker in the door opening ;)

Sponsored Links
Know anyone who has a 500v megger? If you intend repairing the machine you need to identify which component is faulty. It is quite likely to be the heater, but in reality it could be any electrical component...mains suppressor, wiring, motor, motor capacitor, pump, etc. Best advice (if you can't get someone to help you) is to remove the heater & inspect it for obvious damage. It looks like this http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=C00260053

Look at the heater at the back is it broken. If it is wet it needs drying out or replacing. Wet means the condenser is blocked with fluff and spraying water over the heater,also check the pump chamber is not blocked as well.

daughter reckons she closed the container that fills with water a bit sharpish and ever since it has not worked, any chance the water might have dampened something and it needs to dry out?

rocks1,
yes i did read it thats why i asked, so its quite possible that if she just lets it be it might dry out itself
thanks
Bill

Yes but if you don't clean the condenser or pump it will trip out again. It trips for a reason. Dry out for 48 hrs but check the above.

thanks for all the help guys its working again i reckon it dried out after a while so all is well again
thanks
Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back