Sponsored Links
connect the vhs to the tv via scart or coax
if you use coax you will have to tune in the analogue side
play a tape during the tuning to make sure you have an output
once you have the vhs sorted then go from the freesat to vhs via scart
do not connect the freesat to the tv direct
select the vhs on the tv
select aux/av what ever on the vhs gives you the output from the freesat
then whatever you can see you can record unless there somthing in the signal to prevent recording[jamming]

Sorry for the delay to thank you for your input.
I set up as per your guidline :confused: I also set up to
directions for the vhs the tv & the freesat but no luck
I even borrowed another vhs recorder in case mine was
faulty it works fine playing tapes but not input.
I am trying to save back issues of Stars in their eyes
{ fantastic amature artists } Cheers versatile 75

If you have everything connected correctly (Freesat to VCR, then VCR to TV), and you can see the results of a VHS tape playing, then the next possible reason is the settings on the SCART socket of the Freesat box.

SCART can be either a one-way or a two-way traffic connector. A lot of people get confused with the meaning of input and output. 'Input' is where a signal goes in to a device such as sending the signal in to the VHS recorder. 'Output' is where a device provides a signal for connection to something else, e.g. the Freeview TV SCART socket is a signal output for connecting to a TV or a recorder. Your manual will tell you what's what, but make sure that the SCART output socket on the Freeview box is set to Composite Video (A.K.A. CVBS / Video / PAL). This is compatible with the input on the VHS recorder. The other option is RGB. This is not compatible with the VHS recorder.

At the VHS recorder end, make sure you are connecting to a SCART socket for "AV" rather than Decoder.

If you have connected the VHS to the TV with an aerial lead, and remembered to switch the TV to the analogue channels before tuning in the signal from the VCR when it is playing a tape, then at this point you should be able to see a signal from the VCR when you change the VCR input from Tuner to AV.

Put the Freeview box on to the program guide so you can clearly identify its signal. If you can see this on the TV then you are good to go.

Sponsored Links
Hi again!! having tried all the all options suggested plus
many more I have come to the conclusion that signals
from a freesat box cant be recorded as it has its own
record/store system :cry: Only hope i never have to
raset system to Factory settings!!
thanks for your input.

If it can be watched on a TV via SCART then the chances are very high that it can be recorded. Certainly lots of folk archive from their Sky boxes in exactly the same way.

Yes I know I have several tape's recorded from my
old sky plus box, and as I can play tape's through
the scart I should be able to record what's on the
tv, I have checked the setup on both freesat box
& tv but there's no options for scart signal setting's :confused:

another though

i used to pipe my vhs through the house via the ariel in my case on 55
for some reason since the analog switch off the shed tv or possibly all do not recognize the vhs even thought i retuned the analog separately
i wonder iff the stronger digital signals are blocking the analog and maybe a an output and tv input retune away from the digital signals would help in yours and my case

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back