Samsung LCD TV No Picture Just Sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watching my TV this evening and the picture just disappears! I still have sound but no picture :confused:

It’s a Samsung LE40B551A6WXXU and is just out of bloody warranty. I have scoured the internet and found that the likely cause of this fault is a T-Conn card / inverter. I am fairly handy with electrical stuff so I am going to attempt a repair myself. The only problem I have is I can’t seem to find which T-Conn card is in that particular model of TV. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
There is another thread here about this, have a search about .
Basically a few have found the knackered capacitors on the T-Con and replaced them.

There is another thread here about this, have a search about .
Basically a few have found the knackered capacitors on the T-Con and replaced them.

The other thead relates to the TV not turning on properly :(

His fault would be the PSU capacitors, not the T-Conn board.

I have looked at the link posted in that thread to T-Conn boards but it doesn't list one for my model number :(

It’s a Samsung LE40B551A6WXXU and is just out of bloody warranty.
Doesn't matter. Under English law (Sale of Goods Act) your rights are extended indefinitely (but typically up to 6 years from date of purchase for a TV).
You should be able to get it repaired or replaced by the retailer and pay only one sixth of the purchase price x the number of years usage you've had (based on an expected life of 6 years).

There are various caveats but most retailers won't want to go to the Small Claims court to argue their case!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back