Pug 206cc Rear axle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. After having a service and Timing belt etc done and MOT, (on the Credit Card!) the rear axle has now gone. Can't do it myself as disability so anyone out there know of a GOOD RELIABLE PERSON WITH THE EQUIPMENT or facilities to do this please in the Hastings area? Cheers :confused:

Sponsored Links
I could be a mile off but I would think its only the main dealers who would have the correct presses and reamers but I don't know for sure.
More often than not the complete axle would be replaced with one from a donor vehicle - its much quicker that way.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The bearings (bushes) on the rear trailing arms seize up big time mate - therefore the suspension gets locked up solid.
John :)

What gives trouble on the axle?

Hi wheel is now leaning in and exhaust bumping on bottom of car. Had to leave it at the garage that missed it in the first place but getting it brought home as they are rip-offs.

Hi it was he exhaust knocking first and it was getting worse even though new exhaust. Now it looks like the wheel is dropping off. I have now found a mechanic that I trust and pug is with him. Hopefully this debarcle will end now. Not many cars come back with new mot and on a breakdown truck!!! cheers for reply julie

Sponsored Links
Back