Control Module Part Number: 6Q0 907 379 L
Component and/or Version: ABS FRONT MK60 0101
Software Coding: 0001097
Work Shop Code: WSC 00788
VCID: 46FFD51B71A9
1 Fault Found:
01314 - Engine Control Module
013 - Check DTC Memory - Intermittent

The problem started when I took my car to the garage to do a preliminery check before servicing. My usual favourite technician was not there so, the other guy just opened the bonet and put pressure on the front of the car to check suspension. I felt it was s bit strange. He gave me a list what needed to be done. But when I drove off engine light came on within few minutes. I can see some engine oil spill. The spill is on one of the coil pack.
Do not know what he has done under the bonet.

I reset the code twice and it is coming back after driving few miles.

A big headache now.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I will try to locate the MAP sensor. Not sure where it will be. Is it beneath the engine cover?

Oil has spilled through Oil cap (through which engine oil is poured) that is on the engine cover. The spill is new. Never had before. Can the oil come out through the cap when it is closed? I checked the cap it is not loose.

It turned out to be a burst air pipe at the back of the engine head. It is under the engine cover. It is just at the back end of the engine cover. In fact it is attached to the back of the engine cover by a clip. It is a rubber like pipe around 6 to 8" long with diameter around 1" to 1.5". Due to age it simply gave off. Completely gone. Air was leaking through it. After changing the pipe the light is coming on. Has driven for 3 days now after the fix and no light yet. Engine performance has improved. It is giving more power.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Me again. I was driving my car. In a traffic light when I tried to drive again it jerked and felt like loosing power. Gave Engine Light. I came home and scanned it. The result was:
Manifold Abs.Pressure Sensor (G71): Short to B+

I took the following steps:

1. Changed the short 6" breather pipe-- Did not solve the problem.
2. Changed the MAP sensor -- Did not solve the problem.
3. While working with the sensor suddenly the connector wire broke. The sensor has a 4 pin connector. One of the wire came out. Found a replacement connector from the scrap yard and connected it. I had to cut the wire and reconnect it. This solved the problem.

Wasted the money on sensor. It was just a broken wire.

Hope this helps someone else. Before changing sensor pull the wire and check if it breaks out.

If the muppet you describe serviced it then he probably broke the pipe if its attached to the engine cover/air filter assembly.
Did he spill the oil too maybe?

Back