Airflow sensor symptoms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the symptoms of a dodgy airflow sensor in a 00 Almera? Is it difficult or expensive to replace/repair, and will the CPU need to be reset? And indeed, is that difficult to do? A friend of mine suggested this car to me as a possible purchase, but said that the seller says the car needs this fix. The sensor is currently disabled/removed and the car drives well without it.

Sponsored Links
take a look on ebay for a new sensor then knock the guy down on the price of the car,
but maybe take a looksie on a dedicated forum for this type of car just to make sure your not lumbered with a lemon.
if it runs ok without the sensor fitted can you imagine how it ran with it,i expect like a bucket of bolts. ;)

I asked my mate to suss out what the symptoms were. He came back to me and said that the car was stuttering and jerking. When checked the mechanic blamed the airflow sensor. Part costs around 100 Euros or something like that. Don't know if it includes fitting or if its an easy fit? It was taken out at that point and now the car drives fine, but I suppose it may be needed to pass the test which is due in a couple of weeks. Any of this sound about right?

Yes that sounds about right, but how much for it tested? Then you would have 12 month to kick back and enjoy the new motor, no?
If he starts spluttering, walk away, as he may be only telling you the easy stuff as a sweetener? Front cross member/radiator support are a common rust spot/NCT failure. New one is only £50, but needs welded in place. Has it had a test yet, so close to the due date?

Anyway, Volkswagen (VAG) don't do Almeras ........ :) ....... do they

Sponsored Links
Do I detect that you are in more favour of the VW polo? :)

Well no not really, just don't get caught with one that wont pass the test easy, especially for the first year or two.

As you know it can be expensive if they find things wrong

Back