delaying tactics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
First time on this forum so be gentle with me.

My local school has submitted a planning application that is going to greatly reduce my quality of life and that of other residents around me. The project appears to be time bound and it may be that if we can delay the planning decision for a month or two then the people that are funding the project will find another site.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas on legal ways to have the planning decision delayed for a month or two.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it was thought that there might be a colony of bats, newts, badgers, or certain plants then they would have to commission a survey.

Or perhaps the ground suffers from previous toxic dumping, methane release, argon?[/i]

Maybe its a positive proposal and we should be supporting it? Everyone is for advancement so long as its not in their back yard!

Sponsored Links
If it really does affect your quality of life then that will be assessed under the planning application.

Or is it that you just don't like it ... NIMBYISM?

If the impact on you and your neighbours is going to be that bad, why do you intend tying to delay the decision?
The LPA will presumably write to you soliciting your views.
Sounds to me like you feel it's going to be approved. If that's the case, maybe it's not so bad.

Reminds me of the recent case of the old guy who bought a house backing on to a school playground and then went to court to try and get an injunction preventing the kids from playing outside and making noise!

If your house is close enough to a school to be affected by any conceivable extension to it, then you certainly knew the school was there before you bought.

And the OP was never heard from again........................!

Maybe they got to him???

Andy

OK,
Yes the school was there when we moved here 26 years ago. What wasn't here is a massive sports hall, a multi sport surface and a 3 pitch size astroturf, all within 50 metres of my garden and all built within the past 2 years. They now want to build a 32 space car park right behind my rear fence. I don't think it's a case of NIMBY. I have no problem with these facilities being used during the normal school day but the school now want to throw it open to all and sundry from surrounding areas until 10pm every night. I moved next to a school, not a sports and leisure centre.
We have been told that the application has to be approved quickly as funding is only available in this financial year, any delay in approval might mean the funding people will look elsewhere for their investment.
Theplanning application has been submitted but not published on the web yet so I don't know what the number is.

....so you won't be short of anywhere for your visitors to park then!

I don't see how adding a small car park onto an existing leisure centre is going to "greatly reduce my quality of life and that of other residents around me"

There are FAR worse things to have as a neighbour than a leisure centre which is closed by 10pm every night. If it were me, I'd talk to the school, point out that a letter from you in support of the application would certainly help smooth the way in a time critical process, then get free membership and use of the facilities out of them, get agreement that the car park will have barriers which are locked when the centre is shut, agree heights of boudary fences etc., and a few other bits and bobs you might want.

I forgot to mention the floodlighting and the local Air Cadets also being given permission to use the multisports surface for their 2 hour drill sessions twice a week.
Never mind though, I was hoping to receive some ideas from this site, all I seem to have received, except for the very first reply is critisism.

Sorry to have bothered you all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back