New extension encroaches onto our land & no PW agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
**Please don't post here, thread now in building forum! **Sorry can a mod move this to the building forum? Would probably be better suited there**My mistake!!**
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a situation.

Next door has built a downstairs extension under permitted development. Unfortunately we did not catch it sooner but it's a bit of a bodge job.

They have built a party wall and not served a party wall notice to any of the three parties they should have (Freeholder and leaseholder).

v7JNS.jpg

The extension is not straight. By this I mean that the level of furthest encroachment is the corner seen in picture 2. This means if I were to extend and wanted a straight wall I must make a straight line from this corner, effectively meaning I lose many inches. If I were to place a laser level on the wall it points into my garden by about a quarter!

We had a surveyor measure the encroachment and he said "At the end closest to the house it encroaches on to the adjoining owner’s property by approximately 200mm. To the rear of the wall the extent of the encroachment increases to 260mm. The fascia and edge of the flat roof project approximately 50mm further giving an overall encroachment of approximately 310mm (just over 12 inches)."

So my question is this:

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing with regards to getting them to demolish and start again. obviously it appears they are well over the party wall line (which they don't have!). Do we have a chance of getting this pulled down?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back