New Manhole and Soil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have an extension built on my property which was built by the previous owner. I would like to put an en-suite in the extension but need some advice on any potential planning applications i may need to make.

Essentially i will need to put in a new soil pipe into the sewer as this runs past the extension to the main sewer along the road.

@@----------##--------
* House * extension *

The crude diagram above shows the house and extension, the "@@" is the current manhole and soil pipe from the main house, which then runs down the house (indicated as --------) to where i would like to have the new soil pipe (indicated as ##). Would i also need a new manhole cover for the new soil pipe??

I don't plan on doing this work myself but just want to know what, if any, planning permission I would need.

Also would this work best suit a builder or plumber??

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
PP is unlikely to apply but B'regs will be required for any new drainage connections, extractor fans, part P etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back