Permitted Development Question

Fair point woody, but what if the 'professional' disappears a few years down the line.....you maybe left scrambling a bit?

Cutting a few inches off a proposed extension isn't really a redesign is it? I guess it depends if the OP is gonna be using somebody who is reasonable, or alternatively will try to take them for a ride.

I'd propose submitting the drawings for the Cert. with dims taken off, but showing the new extensione line flush off the existing cormer. If they pick it up fair enough, but there's no need to point it out with a dimension saying 3.1 or 3.2m is there?

So in my opinion anyway, still say go for a Cert. of Lawfulness.

Sponsored Links
I have just measured the wall. It measures 121 inches = 3.0734 metres

I am assuming a reasonable planner should pass it; I might go for the Cert of Lawful development. But let’s see what the architect will say first. He should be coming shortly.

If the dimension is over 3m it will not comply and will not be permitted development. If (as seems to have been suggested) you do not show within your application that the depth is within PD limits the planners will not be able to pass the application. When you submit a CLD application you need to provide evidence and state why it is PD including that its depth will be within the limit. Your architect will have to lie in order to get the application through, he would have to be a fool to do so. Even if his drawing/evidence states max depth of 3m and you build it longer he will save his PI but the development will never be lawful although you would be unlikely to have problems in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back