Planning permission on green belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...82.36,,0,-5.72&ei=UERLUOLQMuSbiAbPrYDgAg&pw=2

Hi there - I wonder if anyone can give me any advice?
I have just submitted an outline planning application to build a property on my parents' garden. If you copy the above link into the browser you can see the garden, The garden goes to the side of the house and the plan would be to build a single storey dwelling.

The council has written back to say that planning permission would unlikely be granted as the development would be hamful to the Green Belt by significantly reducing the openness of the site.

However as you can see on the map all there is at the moment is a very unsightly fence and a horrible hedge behind that. In my opinion, a single story dwelling might enhance the appearance of the Green Belt.

Has anyone got experience of these matters? Do you think it would be worth pursuing or should I just accept what the Council have said?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Read up on your Local Authority's Local Plan, this will provide you with the information you seek, it will show the areas where development is and is not likely to be supported. Phoning your planning department and asking for a direct online link maybe easier and quicker than trawling round the councils website.

A fence and a hedge are not counted the same as a building because they are not permanent : . Also you might have problems with driveway access - just observations I have encountered over the years as a houseowner/improver .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back