RIBA Set of Approved Documents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get a complete set of approved documents however from looking on the RIBA bookshop the documents appear to be different editions to those on the Planning Portal.
E.g. Part A on the Planning Portal was republished to incorporate the 2010 amendments but on RIBA's site it only appears to be the 2006 publication. Then others like Part M & P are called 2013 editions although the planning portal only has 2010 publications.

Where can I order the most recent set of publications and with the upcoming changes to some Parts in April this year should I hold off a few months until this update has been published? And if so when are they expected to come out?

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to order a hard copy's when you can just print off the PDF copy available for free?

Well I'm reckoning the amount of paper, toner, folders and time required would come to more than £200 so it would be cheaper to just order them.

I am currently involved in UK design full time so its not just a case of needing to check a regulation now and again which the online version would be fine for.

I work in a practice of 30+ we don't have any hard copy's just have the PDFs on the system. You know you can just save them to your hard drive. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Really, No way :LOL:

That's what I've been doing but I need a set which I can just grab and take into a meeting or into a colleague to discuss rather than carrying laptops or hard drives around and then loading them up and having to scroll through.
A hard copy would just be simpler and I could put tabs on the pages frequently used etc.

So anyway back to my question, do you know what the story is with the RIBA bookshops documents and/or when the next publications are due out?

Really, No way :LOL:

That's what I've been doing but I need a set which I can just grab and take into a meeting or into a colleague to discuss rather than carrying laptops or hard drives around and then loading them up and having to scroll through.
A hard copy would just be simpler and I could put tabs on the pages frequently used etc.

So anyway back to my question, do you know what the story is with the RIBA bookshops documents and/or when the next publications are due out?

Buy an iPad or other table and save them all on there.

Thanks for the suggestion Jeds,

RICS seems to have the 2013 publications of a number of them alright but doesn't seem to have the Part L's yet.
They seem to be missing a few too and don't seem to have any discount for the complete set like RIBA had.

Oh well, maybe Freddy & Andy are right and I should just use the PDF's cos it seems no one must be buying hardcopies these days.

It was slightly tongue in cheek. I do the same - i.e. just use pdfs as and when. I used to buy hard copies but they don't tend to be current for long so you're constantly replacing one or another. I find I only usually refer to a section or two at any time anyway so you can mostly get away with printing off just what you need.

All my technical documents are stored in online storage and I access them from a tablet. Any document, accessible anywhere any time.

Plus it's all searchable, and the readers I use allow for markups and highlighting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back