Driveway construction over part of front garden advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't even know where to start! permeable.
Have a shared driveway with next door. And an okay sized front garden which i think i'd like to put a driveway on. As currently leaving the car on the street etc.

I don't know much about this stuff aside from currently limited research but I'm a fast learner and very much want to do it myself (unless cheaper to do it professionally which is unlikely!) Planning to do it next spring, giving the winter to plan.

What materials should I use? Where's a good place to acquire them? and what method is recomended? Basically want an environmentally friendly, really attractive, strong driveway. Not solidified a budget yet. Measured it, I believe at roughly 3.30 meters by 5.80 metres (may adjust this as may be better to make it a double when it's probably pretty close).

Advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Environmentally friendly, I just mean I've read a few times concreteing over ground is not so good, drainage etc.

Sponsored Links
Permiable paving blocks are available and they look good,
If your bothered about environmentally friendly try and keep some borders including flowering shrubbery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back