Mains water in plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having a mains water line installed and its in plastic. I worried rats may chew through within the suspended floor area hence i have a couple of questions for you very helpfull people.

1. Can a mains water pipe be run above ground from inside house to boiler. Boiler would be approx 12 meters away from the point of the pipe being above ground if not then why not, and if yes are there any disadvantages?

2. Do rats chew through these pipe?

3. If i pressed on and installed the bluse platic pipe below groung but i ever had a problem in the future can i re route the pipe above ground as i wouldnt want to take up the kitchen concrete floor.

Sponsored Links
I'd be more concerned just of having rats under the floor than that they will chew through a pipe

Rats aren't attracted to blue plastic pipe, so if there is no pipe then if you have rats then they will chew on something else

Sponsored Links
Rats aren't attracted to blue plastic pipe

I don't know if rodents are specifially attracted to anything. I thought they just gnawed opportunistically at anything- often wood - to keep their teeth at a reasonable length.

Anyway , is the pipe not in conduit which is both very hard and too large for the little sods to get their teeeth around ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back